As you’re composing your final “Audit” of the blog element of the course, here are some questions I’m interested in hearing your answers to. No need to answer all of them – and please do take it in whatever direction you’d like – but hopefully these questions will provoke some thoughts:
- How did knowing you’d have to write a Review on the blog change the way you read our books? How did it change the way you prepared for class?
- How did writing in this format affect your writing process and writing style? I’m really interested to hear how writing in a blog format was different from writing you’ve done in other classes, whether English classes with more traditional papers, other courses with online writing (blog, discussion board, etc.) or otherwise. Did the possibility of a wider audience – your classmates, or anyone who stumbled upon our blog – change the way you wrote?
- How often did you read the Reviews posted by your classmates? Did you gravitate towards reading particular writers?
- Did knowing that you had to post on the blog affect the way you read (and watched) stuff unrelated to the course readings?
- I’d be excited to hear you reflect on whether and/or how your experience with and attitude towards the blog changed over the course of the semester. Did it live up to its promise? Was the blog element of the course better or worse than you hoped or feared?
- Finally, if you’d like, reflect upon the possibility that the work you’ve posted on the blog is now available for anyone to read, even now that the course is over. Do you think this blog could be a useful resource for future readers curious about the topic?